Unbrowse SNMP maintenance release 1284
Please download the latest maintenance release of Unbrowse SNMP (R.184.108.40.2064)
Issues fixed in this release
SNMP Trap Receiver fixes
- Not receiving traps on ports other than UDP 162 by default. You had to explicitly allow other ports using a filter. The new behavior is :
- With Winpcap and Raw Sockets provider : Tries to decode ALL udp messages as SNMP trap using an advanced ASN.1 heuristic.
- With Normal UDP Ports : Decodes ALL traps on the specified port
- A new option to specify UDP port via the configuration interface. (Use Tools + Customize + Advanced + Trap Console + "SNMP Trap UDP Port")
- Better error reporting when permissions error happen on Vista versions
MIB Compiler fixes
- IEEE mibs such as IEEE8021-Q-BRIDGE-MIB under the OID branch (.iso.org.ieee.standards-association-numbered-series-standards.lan-man-stds.ieee802dot1.ieee802dot1mibs.ieee8021QBridgeMib = .220.127.116.11.802.1.1.4 ) compiled fine but failed to create MyMibs. Now this issue has been fixed.
- Did you know you can completely script the Trap Receiver using Ruby ? You get all the performance of a trap receiver written in C++ with the flexibility of Ruby. There is a complete ruby sample available that uses the trap receiver to get traps from the network and store them in a MySQL database. Check it out !